Employment at WestWind
WestWind Energy is an exciting, diverse and inspirational place to work. We value our people and encourage the development of talented and motivated employees to support the continued performance and growth of our operations.
We offer you the prospect of developing an exciting and successful career. By promoting creativity and innovation, and investing in ongoing professional development, we aim to provide a positive environment which will contribute to the success of our people.
To view our current vacancies, see below. Alternatively contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WestWind Energy are seeking an experienced Manager – Wind Farm Development.
Our Manager – Wind Farm Development will manage and lead a small, fast-paced development team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will manage all wind project development activities on one or more projects, including site identification, securing of land, connection into the national electricity grid, environmental studies, planning and permitting and any land related matters. You will lead and manage all aspects of project development from inception to construction hand-over.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
You have a track record of delivering wind energy projects from inception to ready for construction.
You are a commercially savvy, well-rounded team player and either already manage a development team or have the leadership skills and readiness to manage a small team of professionals.
This role involves working on key tasks yourself whilst you also manage and guide other people during the development process.
In return we offer a supportive and flexible workplace with genuine work/life balance.
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience in the wind energy industry with at least 4 years as a wind energy project developer.
- Good project management and strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Tertiary engineering or related technical qualification.
- A good understanding of wind energy including wind resource assessments, site assessments, wind turbine technology and the wind farm development process from inception to operation of a project.
- Your communication skills in English are of a high professional standard (reading, writing and speaking).
- Ability to work under pressure
- Can-do solution focused attitude
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to manage competing priorities
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, in a project environment
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated use of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Analytical & critical thinker
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated negotiation skills
- Professional approach
- Confident manner
- Positive approach to change
- Resilient, critical thinking
- Ability to relate and work with a diverse group of people
Please email your CV and cover letter to us at: email@example.com.